All absences should be called in to the school (913) 627-6590 prior to the start of the student’s session.
An excused absence is defined and has been classified excused by the Board of Education as the stated reasons below.
Absences shall be excused for the following reasons:
- Illness of the student or medical appointments
- Urgent need of the child to be at home due to illness in the immediate family
- Death in the family
- Absences for religious observances
- Participation in a district approved or school sponsored activity or event
- At the discretion of the administration, students whose parent or person acting as a parent is an active duty member of the armed forces and is leaving or deploying shortly for military services
- Absence approved by the principal and prearranged by the parent, student, and principal
- Absence approved by the principal and prearranged by the parent, student, and Director of Student Services.
An absence will be classified as unexcused if it does not fit one of the eight Board of Education’s reasons for excusable absences or the District’s attendance procedure is not followed, and fails to comply with the District’s procedures and the State Compulsory Attendance Laws.
Examples of an unexcused absence:
- Missed Bus
- No Transportation
- Out of Town
KCKECC Pick Up Policy
All temporary and permanent changes to student pickup routines must be communicated to the office. This can be done in person or by calling (913) 627-6590. Calls regarding a change in pick up must be received at least 30 minutes prior to the student’s dismissal. This allows us ample time to communicate the change to staff. Transition times require significant planning and communication amongst staff, for this reason changes will not be accepted less than 30 minutes prior to dismissal.
Authorized Pick Up List
Changes to a student’s list of individuals authorized to pick up from school can only be made by the enrolling parent. To make changes, please stop by the office or call (913) 627-6590.
For the safety of our students, no child will be released unless a photo ID is presented and that person’s name is also on the student’s authorized pick up list.
Bus Stop Pick Up
If no authorized adult is available at the bus stop to receive a student that student will be returned to school. Office staff will attempt to make contact with individuals on the authorized pick up list. If no contact can be made and/or no one has been able to pick up the student after 30 minutes, then the child will be deemed a “child in need of care” and the police will be notified.